Who wants takeout, when you can make your very own Teriyaki Tempeh and Broccoli stir fry. This healthy vegetarian Teriyaki Tempeh Broccoli recipe is so delicious and is without all the MSG that you will get when you order in from your favourite chinese restaurant. The best thing its super easy to make and even your meat eating friends (which I am myself) will be delighted when they bite into the chunky teriyaki tempeh and even better its great for gut health, which is the key to a good life.
Serving Size:2-3 Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 20 min
Cooking With Brashley – Episode 19
In this episode you’ll learn why you should choose tempeh over tofu, how to make a healthy teriyaki sauce and why nutritional yeast is a superfood.
We teach holistic cooking through weekly YouTube videos, click here to see the playlist. Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on the next episode!
- 1 package of organic tempeh
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 4 garlic gloves
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil (for pan frying and for sauce)
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut nectar
- 1/2 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- Combine 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with coconut nectar, maple syrup, 2 cloves of chopped garlic and freshly grated ginger into a bowl, mix and set aside
Tempeh and Broccoli
- Cut tempeh into 1/4 inch strips
- Add coconut oil into a large pan over medium heat
- Add in your strips of tempeh and cook until slightly browned on both sides (make sure too keep adding coconut oil to pan as needed if pan starts to dry up)
- Once your tempeh begins to brown add in your homemade teriyaki sauce and nutritional yeast (make sure your tempeh is nice and coated in teriyaki sauce and nutritional yeast)
- Add in broccoli and garlic and let simmer 10 min, mix occasionally (or try out your chef skills and toss your heart out)
- Serve over a bed of quinoa or rice (brown, black or wild or even cauliflower for those going low carb)