Sweet Potato Brownies are not your momma’s recipe! This sweet treat does a lot more then just curb your sweet tooth, they are packed full of vitamins and minerals. Warning: eat brownies with caution you may start to feel superhuman.
Serving Size: 2-4 Prep Time: 30 min Cook Time: 30 min
Cooking With Brashley – Episode 11
In this episode you’ll learn the difference between raw cacao vs cocoa, why cinnamon should be paired with sweet foods and the nutritional values of black strap molasses.
We teach holistic cooking through weekly YouTube videos, click here to see the playlist. Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on the next episode!
- 1 medium size sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (stay away from processed cocoa powder)
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup (I usually use a little less)
- 1-2 tbsp blackstrap molasses (caution don’t use too much)
- 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of organic cinnamon (maybe a pinch more)
*For added nutrition try adding chia seeds and raw cacao nibs
Sweet Potato Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and bake sweet potato for 30-40 min or until soft
- Scoop sweet potato out of skin into bowl and mash (discard skin)
- Add in the cacao powder, blackstrap molasses, vanilla extract, almond butter and cinnamon
- Mix until you have a consistency similar to regular brownies
- Pour into a baking tin and bake at 350 for 25 – 30 mins or until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle cacao nibs on top