Spaghetti Bolognese was Maripier’s favourite meal growing up; her father used to cook it for her. We’ve put a healthy spin on Spaghetti Bolognese using zucchini noodles instead of your traditional pasta and making a fresh from scratch bolognese sauce. Using only the freshest and organic herbs and vegetables as well as organic beef from Butcher Box.
Serving Size: 2 people Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 30 min
Cooking With Brashley – Episode 28
In this episode you will learn why it’s important to always make your own homemade sauces and why you should be eating grass-fed beef.
We teach holistic cooking through weekly YouTube videos, click here to see the playlist. Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on the next episode!
**New eBook: So You Want To Eat Healthy** A Simple Guide To Change Your Diet and Improve Your Health! Download Now
- 2-4 Zucchini, spiralized
- 1 package of grass-fed beef
- 8-10 Roma tomatoes
- 3 Celery stalks
- 1-2 Carrots shredded
- 1/2 sweet Onion
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 can of organic tomato paste
- 2-4 tbsp coconut milk (optional for creamy sauce)
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- sea salt and pepper
- In a sauce pan or pot heat up butter on medium heat
- Chop celery and onion and shred carrot and add into pot; cook for 5 minutes
- Chop tomatoes and add to pot. Stirring occasionally, let simmer for 10 minutes
- In a separate pan, cook your ground beef (making sure to chop so it’s very fine)
- Mash tomatoes with a potato masher for quicker results
- Chop and add in garlic, stirring
- Add in tomato paste and stir
- Cover and let simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Add in cooked ground beef mixture
- Chop basil and add with salt and pepper
- *Optional: add in coconut milk, no more than 1/4 cup if you prefer a creamier sauce and let simmer until desired consistency
- Put spiralized noodles in bowl (cook in coconut oil if desired) and spoon sauce on top
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve!
Recommended Recipes or Blogs: