Jalapenos are my favourite, and so is cheese, so naturally I needed to create a Healthy Jalapeno Poppers recipe. These are filled with Organic Cream Cheese, some Organic Cheddar and then are baked in the oven until they are golden with perfection! Serve these at your next cocktail party and match them with the sugar-free margaritas for the perfect combo.
Serving Size: 2-4 Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 15 min
Cooking With Brashley – Episode 10
Learn to make Jalapeno Poppers, Sweet & Spicy Mexican Nuts & Sugar-Free Margaritas on this episode of Cooking With Brashley. These are the perfect appetizers and alcoholic beverage to impress your friends and family at your next house party! They are about as tasty as it gets while keeping your health in mind.
In this episode you’ll learn how nuts can block absorption of other nutrients and how to overcome this, learn why hot peppers are good for you, how to choose the right type of tequila and what kind of cheese is good for you!
We teach holistic cooking through weekly YouTube videos, click here to see the playlist. Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on the next episode!
- 8-10* Organic Fresh Jalapenos (*Depends how many guests you have over)
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 cup shredded organic cheddar (or cheese of choice)
*For added protein, you can mix in crispy bacon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice Jalapenos lengthwise and remove seeds (*leave seeds if you want them a bit spicier, as the seeds is what give the peppers their heat)
- Mix the cream cheese and shredded cheese
- Spoon the cheese mix into the scooped out jalapeno shells
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese starts to brown