It’s that time of the year when many of us fall ill. The good news is there are many ways you can support your immune system to prevent colds or at least quickly get get over it. In this Episode, Holistic Nutritionist – Joy McCarthy, starts by explaining what it is that causes us to get sick around this time in the first place. We then dive into how you can build your immune system to prevent sickness through stress management, improving sleep, movement. temperature changes as well as nutrition. Joy explains her favourite supplements and powerful herbs and spices to boost your immune system and even her favourite fall recipes to support a healthy body. She shares her thoughts on when to use medications like antibiotics or over-the-counter drugs as well as flu vaccines. Finally, Joy also discusses the best things to take if you are already sick and instructions on what to do to prevent yourself from getting sick if a family member has already caught something! Enjoy episode 36 of HealthSimple Radio.
10% off ScoriaWorld Yoga Mats – 100% Biodegradable, Anti-Microbial Cork Surface:
**USE CODE “HEALTHSIMPLE10” FOR 10% OFF
Links Discussed In This Episode:
– Fall Harvest Veggie Soup https://www.joyoushealth.com/27264-blog-fall-harvest-vegetable-soup
– Wild Mushroom Soup: https://www.joyoushealth.com/23979-blog-wild-mushroom-soup
– Super Easy Turmeric Ginger Tea: https://www.joyoushealth.com/26656-blog-super-easy-turmeric-ginger-tea
– Lazy Lady Turmeric Latte: https://www.joyoushealth.com/27186-blog-lazy-lady-turmeric-latte
– This is an awesome webinar where I talk in depth about the immune system, ways to boost it and all about the flu vaccine: https://www.joyoushealth.com/24145-product-natural-ways-to-boost-immunity
– My Rise and Shine tea is amazing for reducing inflammation and what I was sipping on: https://www.joyoushealth.com/24171-product-rise-and-shine-tea It’s all organic ingredients.
Joy McCarthy is a Holistic Nutritionist and founder of JoyousHealth.com, an award-winning blog focused on healthy living. She is a two-time bestselling author of Joyous Health and Joyous Detox, a World Gourmand Cookbook Award recipient. Her third book, The Joyous Cookbook, comes out in 2019. A trusted nutrition expert, Joy has been featured in hundreds of publications both online and in print; and is a regular health expert on TV. Joy lives in Toronto with her husband Walker and their daughter Vienna. Joy loves social media and shares her passion for food, family and fun as a way to channel positive energy into the lives of others.