It’s Cozy season! And what says cozy better than a comforting loaf of Banana Bread? But this isn’t just any Banana Bread, it’s made with quinoa flour, 85% Dark Chocolate and Pure Maple Syrup. Benefits of baking with Quinoa flour? It’s a complete protein with all 8 essential Amino Acids and it’s super high in Vitamin B12. Bring it to work to share or eat the whole thing by yourself, we did!
Serving Size: 4 and some to share Prep Time: 15 min Bake Time: 42 min
Cooking With Brashley – Episode 22
In this episode you’ll learn the difference between baking with different flours and the benefits of each as well as what to do with over ripened bananas.
We teach holistic cooking through weekly YouTube videos, click here to see the playlist. Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss out on the next episode!
- 1 3/4 Cup Quinoa flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter
- 1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (optional for extra sweet)
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp almond/cashew milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 full organic 70-85 % dark chocolate bar chopped into chunks
- Mix quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk together with a fork, mix up well and set aside
- Combine egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, butter, coconut oil; mixing well
- Gradually fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well
- Add dark chocolate chunks to the mixture
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a bread pan with coconut oil
- Pour mixture into greased pan and bake for 42 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes, cut into slices and serve!
- Then cool for 5-10 minutes